Tackling a Global Chlamydia Epidemic

A number of individuals are exposed to a number of illness and diseases on a regular basis and for that matter ideal to take the necessary actions to keep themselves safe and protected. Knowledge may be your best bet when battling against common illness or diseases. Such is not the case when talking about sexually transmitted diseases and they may catch someone by surprise. You might be surprised to hear that there are a variety of sexually transmitted diseases each with their own set signs and symptoms. People all over the world are tackling a global Chlamydia epidemic in order to spread the much needed information about this particular sexual disease.

Both men and women alike have a risk of acquiring Chlamydia which is a common STD. With that being said, women are at a greater risk especially since this can cause infertility if no immediate action is taken. Pregnant women who have Chlamydia can pass the infection to your baby during delivery which can result to their newborn to have an eye infection or pneumonia. Premature birth is also another problem that can develop with such disease.

Chlamydia is indeed considered to be a global epidemic a testament to this is the number of cases reported that are increasing in numbers. In the United States alone, an estimate of 1.42 million cases of Chlamydia was reported in 2012 and this data was obtained from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention. Male cases were reported to have 27.7% of the overall value with 389, 970. On the other hand, female cases had a staggering number of 1,018,550 which lead to the remaining 72.3%.

Discerning one from the other is plays a very important role especially with regards to sexually transmitted disease. Chlamydia is oftentimes associated with other related disease but there is a clear difference between them. For example, gonorrhea shares the same mode of transmission with Chlamydia though their symptoms differ in numbers. The feeling of nausea, fever, pain during intercourse and pain in testicles is often experienced with Chlamydia cases. Such symptoms are absent with gonorrhea as one of its primary symptoms are the frequent urination which makes it a bit easy to discern. The affected areas can also help identify Chlamydia from the rest. The fallopian tubes, surfaces of cervix, surfaces of urethra and the surfaces of vagina are the infected areas with Chlamydia which is again absent in gonorrhea.

STD’s are indeed very serious cases that should not be taken for granted. If you feel that you have similar signs and symptoms with regards to Chlamydia, don’t hesitate to ask for the help of the professionals and have your consultation taken right away. There are several diseases that require serious effort such as sexually transmitted diseases. Communication is key amongst partners in order to prevent the acquisition of unwanted diseases. Fortunately, Chlamydia can be treated and it is important for patients to take the necessary prescriptions and withdraw from having sexual intercourse until treatment is complete.